Application Guide Without Service Fee Guide you how to apply for studying in Jinan University & Study in jnu

Admission Procedures

I. Undergraduate Admissions

Jinan University takes a bi-seasonal enrollment policy. There are two ways to enter either the pre-university program or bachelor degree program of Jinan University.

(1) Enrollment without examination

Any high school graduates with a relatively high level of Chinese proficiency (including reading, writing and listening ability), recommended by Chinese embassies, consulates or charged affairs abroad or leaders of ethnic Chinese communities, can apply directly to the Admissions Office of Jinan University, or apply through local Enrollment Affairs Office of Jinan University, and will be subject to enrollment without examination according to their academic performance in the middle school.

(2) Enrollment by examination

High school graduates with a relatively low degree of Chinese proficiency who apply to bachelors degree programs are required to take the HSK test of China (the Chinese Proficiency Test) and reach C level. High school graduates with a relatively high degree of English proficiency can apply directly to the International School of Jinan University. Students who have no Chinese background who want to apply to our bachelor degree program on Chinese Language please read the prospectus of our College of Chinese Language and Culture.

II. Postgraduate Admissions

1. Eligibility

(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid foreign passport and be in good health and abide by Chinese laws and regulations and the university’s regulations.

(2) Applicants for master program must have bachelor’s degree and those for doctoral program must have master’s degree.

(3) Applicants’ academic merits, research capability and language ability must meet the admission requirements of the chosen program.

(4) This scholarship is not available for the fresh university graduates from mainland China.

2. Application Procedures

(1) Register and finish the online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online and print a hard copy of a completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship during the period from Dec 15, 2014 to May 10, 2015.

(2) Mail all the required application documents to Admission Office of Graduate School of Jinan University.

(3) The Admission Office of Graduate School will conduct basic procedures for qualification. The application materials of applicants who meet the requirements will be sent to the graduate admission offices of the designated schools or departments which will conduct comprehensive procedures for qualification based on applicants’ former university, specialty, academic capability, personal behavior and the potentiality in applied field.

3. Application documents

Applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely.

(1) Application Form with photo attached for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English). Print the Form after registration.

(2) Notarized highest diploma (original in Chinese or English). Fresh graduates provide the certificate of expected graduation.

(3) Academic transcripts of all undergraduate or postgraduate courses (notarized photocopy in Chinese or English).

(4) Personal statement (including research proposal), about 800 words for master’s degrees and about 1500 words applicants for doctorate degrees, in Chinese language. The personal statement shall include personal study, working experience, academic research results, research plan for master or doctoral degree and personal development objectives after graduation, etc.

(5) Two recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors (or equivalent staff). The originals shall be in Chinese or English (with the referrer’s signature and contact).

(6) Originals of language (Chinese or English) examination transcripts or notarized copies;

i) Applicants who apply for Chinese-taught courses have to provide valid HSK Certificate (Score 190 or above in New HSK4 or HSK5). If you have got a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from Chinese universities and the courses you selected are taught in Chinese, you don’t need to summit the HSK certificate. Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese language proficiency must take Chinese language training courses for one to two years in College of Chinese Language and Culture of Jinan University after enrollment.

ii) Non-English speaking Applicants who apply for English-taught courses have to submit the TOFEL certificate (Score 90 or above) or IELTS certificate (Score 6.5 or above). SIMBA and China Studies program courses at our University are all taught in English.

(7) Photocopy of a valid ordinary passport.

(8) Academic achievements: enclose the content and abstract of the research papers you have published or other original research results if you have.

99% students choose us. Thanks for your visiting, welcome! Live Chat